CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

REALLY?!?!?!?!?!

Today, my friends, has been a day full of SMACKS to the forehead while muttering (or sometimes shouting) REALLY?! Here is the tale (so far) of my "REALLY?!" day...

My "REALLY!?" day actually began at about midnight, when it first began to snow. I had just talked to Ken and looked outside to see if the weatherman was full of BS when he said it would snow. Turns out he wasn't. It was snowing alright. (Not the real Idaho snow I'm used to and love, but light dusting snow made to look fierce by 40mph winds :) I smacked my forehead and said REALLY?! I was excited, and had dreams of building a snowman in the morning! PLUS Ken was coming home tomorrow so I was NOT going to let ANYTHING get me down!!! However when I woke up I found the snow to be un-packable and in no way was it possible to build a snowman, so I smacked my forehead again and said "REALLY?! the only snow we get ALL winter that stay for more than 10 minutes and you can't even build with it!?" After being incredibly disappointed I remembered I was not going to let things get to me, Ken is coming home! So I decided to continue working on the laundry that I started yesterday. I was washing whites so I turned the washer to warm and let her do her thing... about 6.5 minutes later I heard the washer begin to drain and spin... and then A WHOLE LOT of SPLASHING! uh oh. I RAN into the kitchen (ya our washer is in our kitchen I know that's weird) and found all of the water from the washer falling to the floor behind it... Yes, I smacked my forehead and SHOUTED "REALLY?!" I then proceeded to use all our towels (which thankfully were going to be washed next) to mop up the water... It was only after I moved the washer to dry under it that it dawned on me... Our pipes must be frozen. There was no leak from any of the hoses, and the water had come BACK UP the drain pipe. I tested the cold water on the washer and big surprise NOTHING! So once again I SMACKED my forehead and muttered "REALLY!?" Well what is a girl supposed to do when this kind of thing happens and her husband is at work and can't be on the phone? OF COURSE, I called my DAD :) which led to me calling my landlord, who was no help, which THEN led me to calling my friend who helped me find the water meter to make sure there was no leak, which thank goodness there wasn't, at least as far as I could tell. So in order to hopefully warm up the pipe I was instructed to put use a space heater and point it at the wall, turn on the oven to help heat up the kitchen (we don't have central heat so the kitchen does get COLD) and hope to high heaven that the pipe does not burst. (Solid advice right?) WHAT A DEBACLE! Finally satisfied that I could leave for work and the whole house would not flood or burn down I started getting ready. Besides Ken is coming home, NOTHING, not even this was going to bring me down!!! Just then Ken texted me and said he was going to be home MUCH later than expected (and he usually gets home around 11pm) because he drove the BOMBER (his old truck that can't take the cold) to work and it is going to take a jump to start it and then quite a while to get warm enough to leave and then even LONGER because its tires aren't great and the roads are slick... that's right, SMACK.... "REALLY?!" Crisis' seem to happen most when he is gone and I'm left to deal with them alone... GO FIGURE! So I set out for work still little disappointed, but trying to remember that he WILL be home tonight, just not as fast as I would like... Well work was good until the very end when I found out I that I didn't balance, I won't go into detail, but its not good. You guessed it.... SMACK "REALLY?!" Oh what a day! Well I got home somehow still feeling OK about life, but ready to find a disaster. Yet Somehow, the house was still in one piece! "REALLY?!" lol And that is where I'm at right now... I don't feel like attempting to clean, or cook, or DO anything. So instead I sat down to write the story of my day....

Moral of the story... DO NOT post on facebook: "NO matter what, I will not let ANYTHING get me down today!".... You WILL be tested! :)

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Sorry about your day! I am sure by the time Will gets home on Saturday I will be pulling my hair out! I don't know how you do it all the time. Hope Ken made it home okay. Love you guys!

Andrea said...

Alli! I love your blog, it's super cute and you're a great blogger :) I had one of those "REALLY?" days not to long ago... hopefully they won't plague us for a long long time!

Post a Comment