CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 5, 2011

LOVE!

So we all know the big day is coming up... thats right, VALENTINES day. Well in the Checketts household we (meaning KEN) do not believe in such a commercialized day of "love", so we decided after our first failed attempt at a "Valentines" day to celebrate our love on a day NEAR Valentines day but not ON Valentines day... haha That makes us less commercialized right?? This year Ken will be away at work on Valentines and the whole week before so he suprised me and treated me to a wonderful night earlier this week! It was incredible, and he totally caught me off guard, which RARELY happens ;) He rented us a suite at a hotel in Lubbock (complete with HUGE jacuzzi tub) and stocked it with roses, sparkling cider, and of course a rather LARGE heart-shaped box of chocolates!! He took me out to a nice dinner and also a movie and we just had a really great time! And for those of you who know my husband, you know this is COMPLETELY uncharacteristic of him, so you probably understand how shocked I was! Anyway it was so nice, I am so lucky to have such a great husband who continually suprises me and makes me love him even more! I hope that you all are treated to a Valentines day that is as wonderful as mine was!

2 comments:

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

So cute! No need to explain about what happened in that hotel room... ;)

Juli said...

I'm sorry, is this Ken Checketts? What has Texas done to him!! He's a big softy romantic guy now!! It's so funny that as I was reading this I thought "wow this IS so uncharacteristic of Ken"....But I DO remember times when some romance came out of him when I was around you two. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you two are enjoying yourselves! You both deserve a good time, and it sounds like you had one!

Post a Comment