CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 16, 2011

The little things...

Once in a while, being so far away from old friends and family really gets me down. So with this being the start of a new year and all I've been trying to be better at taking stock of the "little things" in my life that bring me joy. Here are a few...

1. My husband - This man is amazing. He makes me smile and laugh. He works harder than any man I know, and sacrifices so much for our little family. Every morning he tells me (or texts me if he's at work :) that he loves me and that I'm the most beautiful girl in the world. Some days I honestly don't know what I would do without that.

2. My dogs - Ya most days they are just HUGE, SMELLY, MOSTERS... But every once in a while they sit at my feet and look at me with their big brown eyes and I can just tell they love me no matter what. Even if I do kick 'em outside because I can't stand them in my little house most of the time.

3. The Sunshine - I really take this for granted here in Texas! It is sunny ALL THE TIME! I miss the snow and the cold, but its a beautiful thing to walk outside and feel the sun on your skin pretty much everyday!

Last but NOT least...

4. Modern Technology - ESPECIALLY Skype! I can always SEE my family and my little nieces and nephews anytime I want because of this technology, and I'm so grateful for it! They are growing up so fast and I hate missing it!

When you're feeling down and out, just remember the "little things"

1 comments:

Connie said...

Allison, I love your new website redo. I am so excited for you that the Hurst family is coming to visit. Have a great time! Love Aunt Connie

Post a Comment