CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

HOME IMPROVEMENT

So I've been working HARD to make our little home feel like its "ours". Ken has been working nights so I have A LOT of time to myself, and lately I have been spending it painting! I didn't realize just how much work goes into painting a room, ESPECIALLY a room that was not given ANY TLC from the previous tenants....

I've been working on the living room and one wall I painted yesterday had, and I'm not exaggerating, OVER 20 nail holes! And let me just tell you, our house is not that big :) There is not one wall in this house that can justifiably have 20 nail holes! WOW! Anyway, I'm becoming a PRO at spackling! haha I felt so good when Ken got up and checked my work only to tell me that I had ACTUALLY done a really nice job, and that it didn't even look like our house! And he REALLY IS a pro at that stuff! Unfortunately i ran out of paint with one wall and a tiny hallway left..... But I can't complain, I found the paint at walmart for 12 BUCKS! It was mis-mixed and marked down 50%!! Thank you to the walmart employee that screwed up or the customer that was not satisfied with this beautiful shade of GREEN that now adorns my living room! :) I guess I'll have to have some mixed, but I still saved and that is whats important!!

Now, while I'm waiting to be able to buy some more paint :) I'll be moving on to the KITCHEN! Ken procured some great yellow paint :) So I'm just trying to decide exactly what I want to do.... Paint the walls or cupboards or a mix of both.... Oh decisions! When everything is finished I will definitely post some pics so you can all see my HARD WORK!!

OH on a side note, our crazy dogs do the darndest things! Maddie is loving our new neighborhood, especially when she digs out of the yard and gets to experience it first hand.....Well we can't have her just roaming all the time, and our landlord promised to bring by some new fence planks so we can fix the problem areas, but he won't be able to get here for a couple days so we have had to block the pups into our little side yard for a few days. Well it didn't take long for them to get bored and start digging holes (punishable by a smacked behind and a heated lecture from Ken). Well I went out to feed them the other day and I found that they had dug a hole, and in order to hide it from us dumped their food into it and covered it with a blanket! Or MAYBE they just wanted to stockpile their food for later.... WHO KNOWS! :) Oh those dogs!

Well thats all for now! Hope everyone has a great day!




1 comments:

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

I wish I could paint my house... but I don't have a house, so I guess I will have to wait. Just know that I'm jealous. And your dogs are very smart for trying to hide it from you... sneaky little things they are!

Post a Comment