CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day

I know its the day AFTER Mothers Day but I want to dedicate this post to the beautiful Mothers and Women in my life who have been there for me, taught me, laughed and cried with me, greatly influenced who I am now, and continue to help me to become the woman I am meant to be.

1. My Momma.


My Momma has been to every sporting event, music recital, and other church/school event that I can remember. For those of you who know anything about my family you know that pretty much makes my Momma SUPERWOMAN. Between juggling 7 kids, a job, a calling, and countless other endeavors, she is ALWAYS there for me. You know how they say, You don't miss it till its gone... Lets multiply that by about 100,000,000 and then you might just begin to understand how much I miss my mom. Moving away as a newlywed was probably the toughest thing I have ever done, not having my mom close to help me through this weird transition phase in my life has been hard! But we talk on the phone pretty regularly and skype now and then, so that helps! My Momma is a caring, loving, kind, and patient woman. She is a perfect example of someone who knows the value of HARD WORK, but still has the most gentle touch. I LOVE YOU MOMMA!

2. My Mother-in-law.


Susan Checketts is an amazing woman! Even though we haven't had a ton of time to be together I have learned so much from her. I swear this woman LIVES to serve others. It is incredible to me how selfless and willing to serve she is. Whether it be a fellow church member, a neighbor, or anyone in the community she is always ready and willing to help, in any situation. But the most amazing part of her love for service is that it all starts within the walls of her own home. She tirelessly works to serve her family, to teach them the gospel, and share her own personal testimony. She works hard to make sure all her children are taken care of and know that they are loved! She is beautiful and strong, and I'm so thankful to have such an incredible Mother-in-law!

3. My Grandma.


My Grandma is truly an incredible woman. When I think of the word nurturer, I simultaneously think of my grandma. She is so loving and so wise! She is also an excellent teacher. I can't even count the times I have called and sought her help with my cooking or sewing endeavors, and she teaches me everything I need to know, right over the phone! We had the opportunity to live with my grandma and grandpa for a while when I was in junior high and it was such a learning experience for me! My poor grandma hated to see my fight with my little sisters, I remember it bringing her to tears once, and I swore I would NEVER let that happen again, and it didn't! She made me realize how important my family relationships are and how we should really love one another, because when its all said and done our families are the ones who are always there, our closest friends, our biggest supporters. I have an amazing relationship with my siblings and I truly believe it was my grandma who helped me forge that bond.

Last but certainly not least... My Older Sisters. Valerie, Becky & Cassie.


Not only are these three women GORGEOUS, but they are incredible mothers, sisters, aunts, wives, and most of all FRIENDS! They are my best friends, my confidants, they keep me sane and NEVER judge me, no matter what. I can go to them with any issue, any problem, and I know they will NOT laugh, they will NOT criticize (unless of course I need it) and they will do ANYTHING they can to help me, always keeping my best interests in mind. They have laughed with me until we have cried, and cried with me until we have laughed, they have held my hand and given me advice through hard times and celebrated with me during the good times. They are my SISTERS and I love them with everything I am. I couldn't be me without them.

I am so grateful to have these INCREDIBLE women in my life, to call them FAMILY and FRIENDS. As I reflect and think about the ways they have touched my life I count myself so very lucky to just know them, let alone be related to them. I wish with all my heart I could be nearer to them, to be able to see their faces everyday. Hopefully someday I will have that luxury, but that is the beauty of having such amazing people in my life, no matter where I go, no matter how miles stretch between us, we are always connected.

Happy Mothers Day.

1 comments:

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

Aww so sweet! I like that you included your sisters.

Post a Comment