CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Camping and the Carlsbad Caverns

A couple weeks ago Ken and I took the dogs to Carlsbad so we could camp at the lake and introduce Harley to the water! Maddie was NOT a fan of swimming when we first introduced her to it, so we figured both dogs would put up a fight for our first outing this summer, but we were pleasantly suprised!! Both Maddie and Harley absolutely LOVED the water! It was such a blast, even with the 50 mph winds! :)






Ken and I also had the opportunity to go see the Carlsbad Caverns! Wow it was crazy down there! I have never been caving before so I was pretty nervous, but once we got down inside it was totally worth the butterflies!
The Entrance for the 1.5 mile hike to reach the depth 780ft underground!
Crazy popcorn walls...
There were tons of little crevices leading to who knows where, for who knows how far...
The stalagtites and stalagmites! There were a few rooms where the ceiling was covered with so many that I thought for sure they were going to fall and I would be a goner!



It was such an awesome trip! I can't wait for my family or friends to come visit us so we can show them all the sights!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment